- International Medical Students’ Conference, Cracow 2019 (hereinafter „the Conference”) is a review of research achievements of biomedical students. It is also a competition for the best student projects presented in the form of scientific reports.
- The Conference is organized by the Organizing Committee appointed by the Board of the Students’ Scientific Society at the Jagiellonian University Medical College in Cracow.
- The conference will be held on 25 – 27.04.2019 in Cracow, Poland. The location of the event will be on the main campus of the Jagiellonian University Medical College (exact schedule of sessions will be announced at a later date).
- The Organizing Committee appointed Session Coordinators, whose task is to organize and prepare various thematic sessions of the Conference.
- The Organizing Committee together with the Coordinators appointed Scientific Committee, which consists of academics of the Jagiellonian University.
- The authors of the work can only be students. Doctoral students may not be the authors of the work. The maximum number of authors is 6. Each paper could have a maximum of 3 tutors.
- Tutors cannot by authors of the papers
- Case reports can only have maximum 2 authors and 1 tutor.
- Works qualified for the Conference are presented to the public, subject to the assessment of the jury chosen by the members of the Scientific Committee.
- Author of each featured work will receive a certificate for the delivered work.
- The official language of the conference is ENGLISH. There is no possibility of presenting work during the session in another language, exceptions apply.
- The only exception is the Physiotherapy session, where the only acceptable language is POLISH.
- Deadline for submitting the papers is 03.02.2019 and it might be extended.
- All information about the Conference can be found on the website: https://imsc2019-krakow.com.pl
ELIGIBILITY OF WORK
- The abstract should not exceed the amount of 2,200 characters.
- In order to present the paper/poster/case report at the Conference, it is obligatory to send an electronically completed application form and abstract in English (Physiotherapy session in Polish) until 03.02.2019 by the formula on IMSC 2019’ website: http://www.imsc2019-krakow.com.pl
- The person, who is completing the application form, is the person presenting the work.
- The research paper cannot be presented on any other conference organized in the Republic of Poland, whether as a standalone project or part of a different research paper.
- The application may not contain tables, graphs, or drawings. The summary must contain the results and conclusions of the work in accordance with the generally accepted scheme.
- Papers submitted to the Conference are eligible for the presentation by the Scientific Committee. The Scientific Committee decision rejecting the work is final.
- After hearing a summary of the work, the Scientific Committee qualifies it to the appropriate session and presentation – oral or poster. The results of qualification will be announced by the 17.03.2019.
- Eligible works are original and review papers.
RULES OF PRESENTATIONS
- The authors present the work in the form of reports, oral or poster in thematic sessions, which will be adjusted to an appropriate amount of time approved for presentation work (to open the session it was qualified to be minimum 7 papers).
- Planned sessions during the Conference are:
- Anesthesiology, Intensive Care & Emergency Medicine
- Basic Science
- Cardiosurgery & Invasive Cardiology
- Forensic Medicine
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Health Science
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Education
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Otolaryngology & Ophthalmology
- Physiotherapy (Polish language session)
- Public Health
- Internal Case Report
- Surgical Case Report
- Presentations will be held according to the schedule established by the Organizing Committee, which will be communicated to the interested party a minimum of 5 days before the presentation.
- Please understand that the Organizing Committee reserves the right to make changes in the schedule. Changes to the information will be given on a regular basis.
- Time to deliver oral reports should not exceed 7 minutes, the discussion cannot be longer than 3 minutes, to anticipate poster and case report presentations 4 minutes and 2 minutes for discussion.
- All participants of the sessions are obliged to adhere strictly to the minute program of the meeting and shall be entitled to receive voice and interrupted the discussion after regular time.
- Time of discussion after each poster presentation can be extended due to the autonomous decision of the Jury
- The referring should be well prepared to deliver work. Documentation should be carefully designed in terms of content and technology.
- The official language of the conference is English, the work should be prepared and presented in ENGLISH.
- In Physiotherapy session – the work should be prepared and presented in POLISH.
- The presentations and posters in electronic form should be prepared in PowerPoint and sent (in their original format) to Session Coordinators at least 3 days before the Conference (22.04.2019). Contacts to Coordinators are available on the website (Programme-Sessions)
PRINCIPLES OF EVALUATION
- Presented at the Conference works are judged by a Scientific Committee invited by the Organizing Committee. The proposed composition of the Scientific Committee must take into account the specialties on the issues of the discussed in the reported work.
- Rating of the Scientific Committee is final and unquestionable.
WORK RULES REWARD
- The number of awards granted during each session depends on the number of works presented at the session:
– Up to 10 works: awards I, II and III place and one distinction
– 10 to 20 works: awards I, II and III and two distinction
– Over 20 works: awards I, II and III place and three distinctions
- I, II and III prizes are awarded for the works presented in the form of oral presentation.
- Distinctions are awarded for the works presented as a poster.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to change the amount of the prizes.
- The announcement of winners of the session will take place at the end of each conference day on the conference website (https://imsc2019-krakow.com.pl).
- The awards ceremony will take place at the end of the Conference on 27.04.2019.
OTHER WORK RULES
- “Case Report”
- “Case Report” works are allowed to be presented during case report sessions of IMSC 2019.
- The only planned Case Report sessions are: “Internal Case Report”, “Surgical Case Report”
- “Meta-analysis” works are allowed to be presented during thematic sessions of IMSC 2019.
- Original works are preferred on IMSC 2019
- Notification of work on Conferences constitutes acceptance of these Rules and consent to the processing of personal data for organizational purposes by the Organizing Committee.
- Interpretation of the Rules of Procedure and Settlement of Disputes and problems are not included in the above-mentioned Regulations applies only to the Organizing Committee.